Makes 4 Servings
Approximate prep time: 10 minutes
- 1⁄2 medium cantaloupe or honeydew melon, seeded
- 4 oz. Prosciutto or Serrano ham, sliced into 1 inch strips
- 2 sprigs fresh mint, chopped
- toothpicks (optional)
- Carefully slice cantaloupe into 1-inch wedges. Remove and discard the rinds.
- Wrap each cantaloupe slice with prosciutto. Secure with a toothpick if needed.
- Garnish with fresh mint and serve chilled or at room temperature.
Note: These simple snacks will satisfy your sweet and savory cravings. Make them as described, or make a summer salad by cubing the melon and tossing it with thinly sliced prosciutto, mint and a splash of extra-virgin olive oil. You could also make kebabs by threading cubed melon, slices of prosciutto and whole mint leaves on wooden skewers.
This recipe would also be excellent with fresh figs or ripe peaches instead of melon. Fresh basil leaves may also be used in place of the mint. Or make a party platter with a variety of sweet fruits for a fun appetizer.
If you’d like to skip the small amount of residual sugar in the cured ham, feel free to replace the prosciutto with cold smoked salmon.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Keep up to date with Paleo Plan news, recipes, and blog posts.