Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Green Veggie Eggs
Total Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
saturated fat 10g
- 5 large egg(s)
- 3/4 medium avocado(s) peeled and pitted
- 11/2 cup(s) spinach or kale with ribs removed
- 1 tablespoon(s) ghee
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper to taste
- Crack the eggs into a blender. Add the pitted avocado and kale. Blend until mixture is smooth and has even color/consistency.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet or pan over medium-low heat. Once the pan is hot, add your ghee (or cooking oil) and allow it to get hot. Swirl it around the pan/skillet to ensure that the bottom and sides of the pan are well coated.
- Pour the blended egg mixture into the hot pan/skillet and allow it to slowly cook. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow the eggs to cook, undisturbed, until the edges have begun to cook and look slightly different in color than the rest of the eggs. Using a wooden spoon or metal spatula, gently pull the eggs toward the center of the skillet/pan.
- Continue to carefully stir until there is no more visible uncooked egg mixture. Be careful not to overcook, as the eggs will quickly become dry and crumbly. Once done cooking, remove the pan/skillet from heat.
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here