This Paleo Steak Fajitas recipe tastes just as good as it looks! You can serve up these spicy little numbers on large leafy greens such as chard, lettuce, cabbage, collards or napa cabbage leaves. Or try making our Paleo plantain tortilla recipe to accompany this dish. This dish also makes una salada excellente when served atop a bed of organic salad greens and drizzled with our Creamy Cilantro Avocado Dressing. The possibilities are quite endless…Viva Fajitas Paleo! ¡Arriba arriba!
If you liked this Kickin Steak Fajitas recipe, then try our Roasted Pork Fajita Salad with Coconut Lime Dressing Recipe next time. For even more FREE and delicious Paleo recipes, visit our PaleoPlan Recipe Center.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Kickin Steak Fajitas
Total Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 pound(s) beef - steak(s), boneless cut into 1½ inch x ¼ inch strips
- 1 large onion(s) sliced
- 4 medium garlic clove(s) sliced
- 3 medium bell pepper(s) any color, seeded and sliced
- 2 large jalapeno pepper(s) or serrano peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium avocado(s) seeded and sliced
- 4 tablespoon(s) avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh chopped, optional for garnish
- 1 medium lime(s) quartered, optional for garnish
- 1/2 packet(s) Trader Joe’s Taco Seasoning Mix or mix together 2 teaspoon(s) chili powder, 2 teaspoon(s) cumin, 2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder, 2 teaspoon(s) onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt for 4 servings
- In a small bowl, mix together Trader Joe’s Taco Seasoning Mix (or custom spice blend) with ½ cup water (for 4 servings). If you like things extra spicy, add more of the spice packet or add extra cayenne pepper to the mix!
- In a large skillet or saucepan, heat up 2 Tablespoons of avocado oil on medium-high heat (do not allow oil to smoke).
- When hot, add onions and garlic. Saute until translucent (3-5 minutes), then add 2 more Tablespoons of oil to the skillet along with the steak and jalapeno (or serrano) peppers.
- Stir-fry until meat is browned (approximately 5-7 minutes), then add watered-down seasoning mix. Reduce heat to low-medium, and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium and add bell peppers. Stir-fry for an additional 3-5 minutes, until bell peppers are slightly soft and most of the liquid has absorbed/evaporated.
- Serving recommendations - Serve Paleo Fajitas on large leafy greens such as lettuce, cabbage, chard, or napa cabbage leaves. This dish also works well as a salad on a bed of organic greens, or wrapped up in our Paleo plantain wraps. It is complemented deliciously by our Creamy Cilantro Avocado Dressing, or you can turn up the spice volume by adding more peppers or a splash of your favorite Paleo-friendly hot sauce. Spruce up leftovers by garnishing with fresh avocado, cilantro, and/or lime.