Paleo baking can be a challenge when you have multiple food allergies. But don’t despair! Even if you’re avoiding eggs, nuts and coconut, you can still bake up some delicious treats and this easy-to-make Paleo muffin recipe is proof of that!
This healthy nut-free banana muffins recipe is also egg-free and coconut-free. Co-staring with bananas is sunflower seed butter, which adds a pleasing and nutty flavor to these banana muffins, without the use of actual nuts. If you don’t have a nut allergy and have another type of nut butter on hand, go ahead and use it. (All nut and seed butters are interchangeable in this recipe.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place paper liners in 9 muffin cups or coat muffin cups with a fat of your choice.
- Add bananas, sunflower seed butter, maple syrup and vanilla to a blender and mix until ingredients are just combined.
- In a medium bowl, stir arrowroot powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt together and add to the wet ingredients in the blender.
- Blend everything together until smooth and pour into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the tops are slightly brown* and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- *Muffin tops will continue to brown until they get dark and glossy during cooling.