This breakfast casserole is made of hearty sweet potatoes and sweetened with bananas. Coconut flakes give it an oatmeal like texture. It’s perfect for a healthy breakfast when you don’t want eggs, and makes an impressive brunch dish as well. For more FREE Paleo breakfast recipes, visit our PaleoPlan recipe center!
|2||medium||sweet potato(es), peeled and cubed|
|2||cup(s)||almond milk, unsweetened|
|3||tablespoon(s)||coconut oil, melted|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the sweet potatoes. Simmer for 5-6 minutes, until tender.
- Drain the sweet potatoes and set aside. Return the pot to the stove and add the milk and coconut.
- Bring to a boil, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat, and add the sweet potatoes and bananas to the pot. Mash lightly, and stir in maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Transfer mixture to a square baking pan or casserole dish.
- To make the topping, mix the ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until top is browned. Allow to cool slightly and serve warm.