Creamy casseroles are a favorite when the weather gets chilly, but they’re not always Paleo diet friendly. This easy broccoli casserole recipe layers chicken with vegetables for a filling and comforting meal. Crisp bacon and crunchy almonds give it that casserole-like top, without starchy breadcrumbs or cheese. For more Paleo casserole recipes and other scrumptious FREE Paleo recipes, visit the PaleoPlan recipe home page.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
Total Time: 75 minutes
Cook Time: 75 minutes
saturated fat 15.4g
- 1/2 head(s) broccoli cut into thin slices
- 3/4 head(s) cauliflower cut into thin slices
- 1/2 pound(s) mushrooms sliced
- 2 piece(s) chicken breast(s), boneless skinless (4-6 oz)
- 1 cup(s) coconut milk, full fat
- 1 large egg(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) almonds sliced
- 4 slice(s) bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil for cooking chicken
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper to taste
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add 1 TB coconut oil or other cooking oil of your choice when hot.
- Season chicken breasts with sea salt and pepper if desired and sauté for 10-15 minutes, turning once or twice until fully cooked. Chop into bite-size pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Layer the broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, and cooked chicken in a (9x13) casserole dish, seasoning with salt and pepper between each layer.
- In a bowl or large measuring cup, whisk the coconut milk with the egg and chicken broth until well combined. Pour over the casserole. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, uncover and sprinkle with almonds and bacon. Bake uncovered for 5-10 more minutes until almonds are lightly toasted and casserole is bubbly. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.