When it’s cold outside and you’re looking for something comforting, there’s nothing better than piping hot mini vegetable and chicken casseroles! This chicken casserole recipe is healthy, delicious, and despite being miniature in size, is packed full of BIG flavor. If you don’t have ramekins, don’t despair! You can easily bake this in a regular casserole dish or cast iron skillet; just bake until the top starts to brown. Other Paleo chicken casserole recipes will have a hard time competing with this rich coconut milk broth topped with a perfectly crunchy, herby almond topping. These mini chicken casseroles simply can’t be beat at the end of a lazy day! For more Paleo casserole recipes and other scrumptious FREE Paleo recipes, visit the PaleoPlan recipe home page.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Mini Chicken Casseroles
Total Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
saturated fat 12.4g
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil divided
- 1 pound(s) chicken breasts, boneless, skinless cubed
- 1 small onion(s) diced
- 2 medium carrot(s) peeled and sliced
- 1 medium celery stalk(s) diced
- 2 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup(s) peas frozen
- 3/4 cup(s) coconut milk, full fat
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 3/4 cup(s) almonds finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) thyme, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and add the garlic, onion, carrots, and celery and cook until soft. Whisk the chicken broth and arrowroot starch until combined and add it to the vegetables. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and add the peas and coconut milk. Cook until heated through and thickened, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the chicken mixture to 4 ramekins or a medium casserole dish.
- Combine the topping in a bowl and sprinkle evenly over the chicken mixture. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until top is slightly browned before serving.