Slow cooked flank steak, green peppers an onions come alive in this flavorful Cuban-Style Slow Cooker Flank Steak recipe. This delicious Paleo flank steak recipe uses a traditional Cuban spice blend of cumin, oregano, garlic and bay leaves to evoke island flavors and aromas. It’s made in the slow cooker, so you can throw it together and then return home after work to a piping hot, mouth-watering meal. Doesn’t get much better than that!
If you enjoyed our Cuban-Style Slow Cooker Flank Steak recipe, try our Grilled Flank Steak with Pineapple Salsa recipe next time. For more FREE and delicious Paleo recipes, visit our PaleoPlan Recipe Center.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Cuban-Style Slow Cooker Flank Steak
Total Time: 4 hours
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 4-7 hours
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 11/2 teaspoon(s) oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper to taste (optional)
- 1 can(s) tomatoes, diced (14 oz)
- 1 medium onion(s) sliced
- 2 medium bell pepper(s), green sliced
- 2 medium garlic clove(s) chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) capers chopped
- 11/2 pound(s) beef - flank steak(s) cut crosswise into three pieces
- 1/4 cup(s) olives, pimento-stuffed sliced
- In a 5-6 quart slow cooker, mix together the chicken stock, cumin, oregano, and salt and pepper (if using).
- Add the tomatoes and their juices, onions, peppers, garlic and capers and stir to combine.
- Place the flank steak on top of the mixture, partially covering with a few tablespoons of the vegetables and liquid.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low 6-7 hours.
- Shred steak with two forks, add olives and mix all contents together.