This simple Paleo asparagus salad recipe is easy to make and for very little effort, you end up with a whole lot of flavor! Lightly cooked asparagus is perfectly complemented by tomatoes, onions and bacon in this seriously mouth-watering Paleo side dish. If you have some vegetarian or vegan friends coming over, you can easily hold the bacon off to the side and add it at serving time (more for you!) :)
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
saturated fat 4g
- 11/2 pound(s) asparagus washed with ends trimmed
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 10 slice(s) bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 cup(s) tomatoes, cherry or grape washed
- 6 medium onion(s), green finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- Steam the asparagus lightly, so that it retains a crunch, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the crumbled bacon, tomatoes, green onions, sea salt (a pinch), and garlic powder. Stir together with olive oil.
- Chop the asparagus into 1/2-1 inch pieces and toss with the tomato mixture. Add more salt to taste (if needed) and serve chilled. This dish will easily replace pasta salad at any spring picnic!