Salad always seems like a summer meal that you eat in on a breezy patio under sunny weather. While that might be ideal, it can make a delicious cool weather meal with the right ingredients and flavors. This spinach salad is simple, with crunchy apples, and a quick maple mustard dressing that is great for a chilly night when you want something fresh and healthy. Some shredded chicken adds protein, while bacon pairs nicely with the sweetness from the apples and the dressing. This is a great way to use up leftover chicken breasts. For more Paleo salad and salad dressing recipes, visit our PaleoPlan recipe center!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Autumn Spinach Salad
Total Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
saturated fat 5.3g
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) mustard, dijon
- 1 teaspoon(s) maple syrup
- 1 medium garlic clove(s)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt, coarse
- 8 cup(s) spinach, baby
- 3 piece(s) chicken breast(s), boneless skinless (4-6 oz)
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil or bacon fat
- 6 slice(s) bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 medium apple(s), sweet thinly sliced
- Chop boneless, skinless chicken breasts for faster cooking. Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add coconut oil when hot. Sauté chicken breasts for 10-15 minutes, stirring often, until fully cooked; season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper if desired. Shred if desired.
- Put the ingredients for the dressing in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Toss the salad ingredients in a large bowl with the dressing until well coated. Serve immediately.