A good chopped salad uses a lot of flavorful ingredients and mixes them well, so that you have a little of everything in each bite. This Italian tuna salad recipe does that well, and combines heart healthy tuna with crunchy Romaine, artichokes, and other flavorful ingredients. A quick lemon dressing brings it all together nicely. For more Paleo salad and salad dressing recipes, visit our PaleoPlan recipe center!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Italian Tuna Salad
Total Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
saturated fat 5.3g
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 medium lemon(s), juiced plus zest
- 1 teaspoon(s) mustard, dijon
- 1 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 2 head(s) lettuce, romaine heart(s) chopped
- 2 medium roasted red pepper(s) chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) artichoke hearts chopped
- 1/2 pound(s) asparagus cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) olive(s), kalamata pitted
- 4 medium pepperoncinis
- 3 can(s) tuna (6 oz) drained and flaked
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, zest, mustard, and garlic.
- When well combined, add the remaining ingredients and toss to coat well. Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.