If you’re a fan of potato casserole recipes, then this Paleo cauliflower casserole will be a big hit! It’s loaded with creamy flavor, and gets a nice crunch from a heavy layer of perfectly toasted almonds. Make this as a holiday side dish, or serve it for brunch next to your favorite scrambled eggs. If you’re a fan of our Crunchy Cauliflower Casserole recipe, check out our other Paleo casserole recipes in our Paleo recipe archives.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Crunchy Cauliflower Casserole
Total Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
saturated fat 12.4g
- 1 head(s) cauliflower cut into florets
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 medium onion(s) diced
- 4 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) nutmeg, ground
- 1/2 cup(s) coconut milk, full fat
- 3/4 cup(s) almonds, slivered sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) parsley, fresh for garnish
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Put the cauliflower in a steamer basket and steam until tender (alternatively, put in microwave with a few drops of water, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes.) It should be tender, but not mushy.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and add the onion. Cook until translucent, and add the garlic. Cook for a minute or so, and turn off heat.
- Put the cauliflower in a bowl and mash lightly. Add the cooked onion and garlic, nutmeg, and coconut milk and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to a casserole dish and cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with the almonds. Bake, uncovered, until almonds are well toasted, about 10 minutes more. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley if desired.