A warm seasoning blend turns roasted sweet potatoes into a stellar Paleo, vegetarian, and vegan side dish in this mouth-watering Moroccan Roasted Sweet Potato Recipe. The addition of Kalamata olives imparts a savory flavor that perfectly compliments the sweetness of the sweet potatoes, while the Marcona almonds add a delicious and satisfying crunch. If you can’t get your hands on the Marcona variety of almonds, regular almonds will work just fine here. This sweet potato recipe will quickly become your favorite go-to side dish, no matter what’s on the menu as the main course. Need some inspiration for a main course? Check out our arsenal of Paleo-friendly recipes here!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Moroccan Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
saturated fat 2.1g
- 2 large sweet potato(es) peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/4 cup(s) olive(s), kalamata pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) almonds preferably Marcona
- 1/2 cup(s) mint, fresh leaves
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil and seasonings. Lay on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer. Roast for 30-45 minutes, until browned and tender.
- When potatoes are done, toss in a bowl with the remaining ingredients (olives, almonds and mint). Serve warm.