This recipe calls for cooking thin apple slices in cinnamon-infused unsweetened apple juice and baking them in the oven to create homemade golden-brown and crispy apple chips. If you’d like a unique and healthy way to prepare apples, this is the recipe for you!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Better-Than-Store-Bought Apple Chips
Total Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 2 cup(s) apple juice, unsweetened (if possible, juice your own from about 5-6 large apples)
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- 2 large apple(s)
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon to taste
- Preheat oven to 250 F.
- In a large pot over high heat, combine apple juice and cinnamon stick. Bring to a low boil.
- Remove top and bottom of apple and slice crosswise to make 1/8 thick chips. Discard any seeds.
- Carefully drop apple slices into boiling juice and cook 4-5 minutes. Apple slices will appear translucent.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove apple slices from juice and place on a clean cloth towel. Pat dry.
- Place dried apple chips on a wire cooling rack placed on a cookie sheet (this will catch any drips).
- Bake 30-40 minutes until apple slices turn golden brown and are almost dry to the touch.