These mini parsnip cakes are crisp and flavorful, and are a great substitute for starchy white potato cakes or hash browns. Served with a quick buffalo dip, they are the perfect snack, appetizer, or even side dish for your Paleo diet. Good parsnip recipes can be hard to come by, but this one definitely takes the (parsnip) cake! For other quick and easy Paleo snack ideas, and to check out our hundreds of other FREE Paleo recipes, visit our PaleoPlan recipe center.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Mini Parsnip Cakes with Creamy Buffalo Dip
Total Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
saturated fat 3.0g
- 6 medium parsnip(s) about 1.5 lbs for 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 large egg(s)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil light
- 1/4 cup(s) Paleo mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon(s) hot pepper sauce
- Put the parsnips in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
- Once cool, shred the parsnips on a box grater and lay on paper towels. Sprinkle with the salt and let sit for 5 minutes. Squeeze as much of the water out of the parsnips as you can and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the egg, seasonings, and coconut flour and mix well.
- Put the olive oil in a heavy skillet and heat to medium high heat. When oil is shimmering, scoop the parsnip mixture into the pan (use a cookie scoop for evenly sized cakes.) Flatten slightly with a spatula and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- To serve, mix the mayo with the hot sauce and serve on the side of the cakes.