OverviewThis workout was posted on December 20, 2012
Baseline Workout – Overview
Today’s workout involves one movement: the burpee
- 50 Burpees
You will perform 50 burpees as fast as possible and note your time.
Workout Time Frame: 5-10 minutes.
IF YOU ARE A VERY BEGINNER – cut this workout to 30 burpees (see below). No one should go longer than 10 minutes for this workout. If you haven’t finished at 10 minutes, STOP and record how many you’ve done.
If it takes you:
- 3 minutes or less, you are advanced
- 3-6 minutes you’re intermediate
- 6+ minutes you’re a beginner
- could only do 30, very beginner :)
That’s the basic, basic break down.
- Do 30 instead of 50
- Use elevated surface for the push-up
- Burpees without push-up
- No jump
- Be “strict” with the push-up/ no “flopping”
- Burpees with a long jump after the push-up
- Place target 16-20 in (or more) above your tip toe reach.
- Touch target each jump instead of clapping.
Standard clap overhead. From a standing position, place hands 18-24 inches in front of feet, kick both feet back, drop to push-up, jump feet back to start, stand and jump while clapping overhead.