As one of the most basic Paleo dishes, the bunless burger is a testament to simplicity. High in protein, low in carbs (there’s actually no carbs!) and budget friendly, the bunless burger is a Paleo go-to if there ever was one!
Although usually made with ground beef, feel free to mix things up once in awhile with any variety of ground meat including chicken, turkey or lamb. Serve this burger with your favorite veggies and Paleo sauces or dips or toss it on top of any of our wonderful salads. For variety, make a wrap with with large leafy greens from Swiss chard, collard greens or kale or you can bake up some Paleo Burger Buns if you have a hankering for the “real thing”!
For more FREE and delicious Paleo recipes, visit our PaleoPlan Recipe Center.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound(s) beef, lean ground or turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon(s) coconut oil
- Mix meat, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper together with a fork. Form into patties.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil when hot.
- Cook the burgers until desired temperature is reached.