Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Asparagus with Mushrooms and Hazelnuts
Total Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground, to taste
- 1 pound(s) asparagus ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoon(s) coconut oil lard or tallow
- 1 pound(s) mushrooms (about 6 cup for 4 servings)
- 8 medium onion(s), green sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) hazelnuts toasted and finely chopped
- Add the vinegar, half of the oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add the asparagus in boiling water for just a few minutes until they are crisp.
- Drain and pour ice water over them immediately.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan on medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute until they are soft.
- Add green onions, saute 1 minute.
- Add the asparagus, and cook another 3 mins.
- Remove from the heat then slowly add in the vinegar mixture.
- Toss the toasted hazelnuts over the top.