Trail mix is a great Paleo snack option for the whole family. It’s easy to throw together, highly portable, super nutritious and very satisfying. Make sure you keep some on hand for an easy grab and go snack. You can use any assortment of nuts, seeds and dried fruit, however, the spices in this recipe compliment the dried apples nicely.
One serving is 1/2 cup.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Primal Trail Mix
Total Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup(s) almonds roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) pecans roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) Macadamia nuts roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) walnuts roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) sunflower seeds, raw
- 1/2 cup(s) coconut, unsweetened shredded or coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup(s) raisins
- 1 cup(s) apple(s), dried chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cardamom, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) chocolate chips, dark (optional)
- Combine chopped nuts, seeds, dried fruit and chocolate chips (if using) in a medium size bowl. Melt coconut oil until liquid, but not hot and add with vanilla to nut mixture. Stir in the spices and sea salt.