Kebab lovers will go crazy for these Satay Chicken Skewers with “Peanut” Sauce. Not only are they an excellent choice for serving at your next event as an appetizer, but they’ll also serve up well as a snack. They’re easy to make and nutritious! If you don’t have access to a grill, the chicken is just as delicious roasted or broiled. But don’t forget this a Paleo recipe so no real peanuts.
|2||tablespoon(s)||ginger, fresh, rough chopped|
|1||large||shallot(s), rough chopped|
|1||medium||serrano pepper(s), sliced, stem removed|
|12||piece(s)||chicken thighs, boneless, skinless (4 oz), cut into strips|
|1/2||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, (optional)|
|1||can(s)||coconut milk, full fat (403 mL)|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
- In a blender or small food processor, combine ginger, shallots, garlic, and serrano chili pepper. Add oil slowly to create a paste.
- Divide the paste in half. Place one half in a large Ziplock bag, along with the chicken strips. Add sea salt (if desired), and cayenne pepper. Mix contents together with your hands so the chicken is coated entirely. Seal the bag tightly.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place the other half of the paste in a saucepan. Shortly before mealtime, heat the saucepan over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Bring temperature down to medium-low, and continue to cook until a creamy consistency is reached (2-3 minutes).
- Thread the marinated chicken strips on to skewers. Grill over direct high heat until fully cooked, turning once (about 5-7 mins).
- Serve alongside the sauce.