These muffins take minimal time to make and combine carrots and bananas with walnuts and dates to make a dense breakfast treat. They are tasty enough to make you wonder why you ever needed sugar to satisfy your sweet tooth. Kids enjoy these muffins a lot!
Leftovers can be frozen for quick use at another time. Serving size is 2 muffins for breakfast, or 1 muffin for a snack.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Carrot Banana Muffins
Total Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 2 cup(s) almond flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 cup(s) dates, pitted
- 3 medium banana(s)
- 3 large egg(s)
- 1 teaspoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) coconut oil melted
- 11/2 large carrot(s) shredded (1.5 cups for 12 servings)
- 3/4 cup(s) walnuts (or nuts of choice), finely chopped
- 1 package(s) paper muffin liners
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a food processor, combine dates, bananas, eggs, vinegar and oil.
- Add mixture from food processor to dry mixture in the large bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Fold in carrots and nuts.
- Spoon mixture into paper lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes.
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here