These crisp and crunchy lettuce wraps can feature your favorite fillings. In addition to being a delicious alternative to gluten-free sandwich wraps and bread, lettuce wraps add extra vitamins, nutrients, and hydration to your dietary routines. Plus, when you pack these in lunch boxes along with a small ice pack, they won’t get soggy! For those who can’t find large lettuce leaves, endives work just as well.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 medium avocado(s)
- 3 medium tomato(es) diced
- 1/2 medium jalapeno pepper(s) diced
- 1/4 medium onion(s), yellow diced
- 3 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) lime juice
- 8 large lettuce leaves Romaine
- In a medium sized bowl, mash the avocado.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Spread 2 to 3 tablespoons of this mixture onto lettuce leaves and wrap.
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here