Recipe makes 8 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Make the crust by placing sunflower seeds, raisins and carob powder in a food processor and process with the until finely ground (mixture will stick together).
- Line a 9 inch pie pan with mixture and form crust.
- Wash and core the apples.
- Place in food processor, and pulse chop until cut into small pieces (be careful not to chop apples too finely and make apple sauce).
- In a large bowl, combine chopped apples, cinnamon, lemon juice, honey and dash of cloves (optional) together.
- Scoop the mixture into pie crust. Save the "juice" that remains in the bowl and drizzle over pie when served. Level out with a spatula.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes on top of mixture.
- Place in refrigerator for 1 hour to allow pie to set.