Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 75 minutes
Cook Time: 75 minutes
- 6 large egg(s) separated
- 1/2 cup(s) honey, raw (or less, if desired)
- 7 medium carrot(s) cooked and pureed, about 1.5 cups for 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon(s) orange zest
- 1 tablespoon(s) orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- 3 cup(s) almond flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Beat the egg yolks and honey together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix in carrot puree, orange zest, orange juice concentrate, and almond flour.
- Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff (a hand mixer is recommended for this step). Carefully fold into batter.
- Pour batter into a 9-inch springform pan, lightly greased with coconut oil.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.