Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil (or bacon drippings)
- 1/4 large onion(s), yellow diced
- 3 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 1 small tomato(es) seeded and diced
- 1 bunch(es) collard greens remove tough stems, about 1 pound for 2 servings
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 1/2 cup(s) herbs of choice for Collard Greens (optional)
- 1/4 cup(s) sunflower seeds, raw (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon drippings or oil when hot.
- Add onions and cook until onions just begin to turn clear.
- Add garlic and tomatoes and continue to cook down (another 10 minutes or so).
- Add greens, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Season with sea salt, pepper, and fresh herbs (if desired) and cover for 15 minutes to continue to steam, or until the greens are wilted but not soggy.
- Remove from heat, toss in sunflower seeds (if desired) and serve hot.
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here