For those who are seeking a light cocktail sauce to serve along with your appetizers at your next event, this Paleo shrimp cocktail is a great and nutrient-rich choice. In addition to being simple to create, it’s also beautiful when plated alongside the shrimp and lettuce. You can use grated horseradish root or prepared jarred horseradish with vinegar.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound(s) shrimp shelled and de-veined
- 6 tablespoon(s) chili sauce (Trinity Hills Farms recommended-- look for one without sugar)
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) horseradish
- 1/8 small onion(s) grated
- 1 medium celery stalk(s) finely chopped
- 4 medium lettuce leaves
- Bring two quarts of water to a boil. Add shrimp and turn off heat. Let shrimp sit in the hot water for 3-5 minutes, until flesh is opaque throughout.
- Remove cooked shrimp from water and rinse with cold water to chill immediately.
- Meanwhile, whisk chili sauce, lemon juice, horseradish, and onion together to make the cocktail sauce.
- Toss chilled shrimp with chopped celery.
- Line cocktail cups with salad greens.
- Spoon in shrimp mixture, top with sauce, and serve cold.