This Paleo chef salad combines classic fresh ingredients like lettuce, tomatoes, celery, and avocado with hard-boiled eggs, chicken or ham and crumbled bacon. Our delicious Simple Salad Dressing completes the dish, but feel free to use any of your favorite Paleo dressings. This is a surprisingly filling salad that makes a great lunch or dinner and if you’re feeling unconventional, you can enjoy this salad for breakfast too!
If you like this meal, try our Kale Salad with Chicken and our Orange, Avocado and Cashew Salad. Looking for more delicious Paleo salad recipes? Look no further! Check out our PaleoPlan salad recipe archives. For hundreds of more FREE Paleo recipes, visit our PaleoPlan recipe center.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 4 large egg(s) hard-boiled, halved
- 1 head(s) lettuce, red leaf
- 1/2 pound(s) chicken breasts, boneless, skinless or ham, grilled and diced
- 2 slice(s) bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup(s) tomatoes, cherry or grape halved
- 4 medium onion(s), green sliced thin
- 2 medium celery stalk(s) diced
- 1 medium avocado(s) diced
- 4 tablespoon(s) Simple Salad Dressing (recipe) or favorite salad dressing
- Hard-boil eggs, cool and remove shells.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon and crumble, grill chicken and dice (or dice ham).
- Wash and chop vegetables.
- Divide lettuce between two plates, top with vegetables, eggs, avocado and meats.
- Top with Simple Salad Dressing.