This recipe also makes a great side salad if you hold the chicken.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Orange, Avocado and Cashew Salad
Total Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 large orange(s) segmented
- 1 large avocado(s) diced
- 1/4 cup(s) cashews, raw
- 3 cup(s) spinach or arugula or watercress
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper to taste
- 2 piece(s) chicken breast(s), boneless skinless (4-6 oz) grilled sliced (optional, if served as a side)
- Prepare both oranges by cutting off the rind and outer membrane and slicing out the wedges of fruit between the segments. Do this over a bowl and set the remaining juice aside.
- Divide the greens up between two plates, and top with oranges, avocados and cashews.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and any juice left over from the oranges. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Add grilled chicken breast slices on top (optional, if served by itself).