This easy breakfast recipe combines the grounding protein of crisp bacon and fluffy eggs with vibrant, healthy vegetables like tomatoes, zucchini, and spinach. It’s a convenient, self-contained dish as well with the use of bacon drippings as a cooking fat. Feel free to use cherry tomatoes instead for additional tang, or chop some fresh basil and add at the same time as the spinach for extra flavor.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Scrambled Eggs with Bacon and Vegetables
Total Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 4 slice(s) bacon
- 4 large egg(s)
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- 1 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 1 medium tomato(es) diced
- 1 cup(s) spinach
- Cook bacon, remove from pan and reserve 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings in the pan. (Alternatively, cook bacon on baking sheet in oven for 20 minutes at 350 F while everything else cooks).
- Meanwhile, wash and chop the vegetables.
- Over medium-high heat, add the zucchini, garlic and tomato to the pan with the remaining bacon drippings. Sauté until just before tender.
- While cooking, beat eggs in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Crumble cooked bacon and set aside.
- When the vegetables are almost done, add the beaten eggs and crumbled bacon to the pan, along with the fresh spinach. Turn heat to medium-low and cook until the eggs are fluffy and firm.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt, if desired.