Need a great Paleo pizza crust recipe? Try our Almond Flax Paleo Pizza Crust recipe made with flax seeds and almonds. It rises due to the baking powder, which gives it a good texture. If you miss pizza on your Paleo diet, this Paleo pizza crust recipe is the perfect base on which to bake your favorite Paleo pizza creations. If you enjoyed this Almond Flax Paleo Pizza Crust recipe, try our Zucchini Pizza Bites recipe next time! For even more delicious and FREE Paleo recipes, visit our PaleoPlan Recipe Center.
Makes 1 (12in) pizza base (about 4 servings).
Nutritional information calculated on crust base, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, 1/2 lb sausage links and 1 red bell pepper
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Combine flaxseed meal, almond meal, sea salt, baking powder and Italian herbs together until lump-free.
- Beat together eggs, oil, honey and water until smooth.
- Pour liquid mixture into dry mixture. Blend well until smooth.
- Cover with a towel and put in a warm place until double in size (about 1 hour).
- Press into desired shape.
- Place on a pre-greased or non-stick pizza pan or sit on a silicon baking mat.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the center of the oven until cooked.
- Add favorite toppings and then return to the oven to bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.