Sometimes, we need a veggie dip or an appetizer idea that makes heads turn. That’s what will happen when you prepare this paleo hummus for your next get-together. Serve it as an appetizer or a table snack and your guests will keep coming back for more! For some extra kick, add cayenne pepper. This recipe freezes and defrosts well.
Recipe based on Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini Sauce.
|1||head(s)||cauliflower, cored and cut into 1-1/2 inch florets|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||sea salt, (optional)|
|1/8||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
|1/2||cup(s)||tahini, (may be found in many middle eastern markets or at Whole Foods)|
|3||medium||garlic clove(s), smashes and minced into a paste|
- Preheat oven to 500 F.
- Toss cauliflower, olive oil, cumin, sea salt (if desired) and black pepper together in a large bowl.
- Transfer mixture to rimmed baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Bake until cauliflower is browned and tender, 25 - 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine tahini, garlic, lemon juice and roasted cauliflower in a food processor. Blend until a smooth paste forms (add additional olive oil if desired).
- Season with sea salt (if desired) and sprinkle paprika on top.
- Serve warm or cold with assorted vegetables.