Bacon and dates together make a surprisingly delicious pairing. Baking the dates softens them and brings out their wonderful sweetness and makes a scrumptious contrast to crispy bacon. Feel free to use pecans instead of the almonds. These are perfect as mid-day snacks or appetizers for a party.
|8||slice(s)||bacon, cut in half|
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Open up dates gently with a knife.
- Stuff each date with an almond, and wrap with half of a bacon slice. Secure with a toothpick if necessary.
- Place on a shallow baking sheet and bake, bacon seam down, for about 7 minutes.
- Flip and bake for another 7 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
- Serve warm or cold, and store leftovers in the refrigerator.