Bacon and dates together make a surprisingly delicious pairing. Baking the dates softens them and brings out their wonderful sweetness, making them a scrumptious contrast to crispy and savory bacon. Feel free to use pecans instead of the almonds in this Bacon Wrapped Dates recipe. These tasty little Paleo morsels are perfect as mid-day snacks or appetizers for a party (warning – they’ll disappear quick!). If you like this Bacon Wrapped Dates recipe, try our Maple Bacon Wrapped Peaches recipe or our Coconut and Hazelnut Stuffed Dates recipe next time. For even more delicious and FREE Paleo recipes, visit our PaleoPlan Recipe Center.
|8||slice(s)||bacon, cut in half|
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Open up dates gently with a knife.
- Stuff each date with an almond, and wrap with half of a bacon slice. Secure with a toothpick if necessary.
- Place on a shallow baking sheet and bake, bacon seam down, for about 7 minutes.
- Flip and bake for another 7 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
- Serve warm or cold, and store leftovers in the refrigerator.