There’s something about fresh baked bread that sends us all back to our childhood. Paleo bread can do the same thing for us with this delicious and easy to make Paleo Bread recipe. This nutritious snack can be served throughout the year, or you can change it up slightly for the holidays as a special treat. If the bread is too dry for your taste, add 1 1/2 cups of mashed sweet potatoes to the recipe. It won’t change the taste, but it does make the bread fluffier and it adds moisture.
This Paleo Bread recipe doesn’t contain any grains, soy, dairy, or any other non-Paleo ingredients, and it comes together quickly in a food processor or stand mixer and turns into a nicely browned loaf. Our Paleo bread can be toasted and eaten with almond butter for breakfast or even used for a sandwich at lunch. The flax gives it a wheat-like flavor that is reminiscent of your favorite wheat sandwich bread, although it’s also delicious on its own.
Make sure to bake the loaf in a standard 9×5 loaf pan (the kind you would bake banana bread in), and if the top starts to brown too much before it’s done, cover it with foil. You should wait until it’s cool before you slice it, but if you can’t wait, try a warm slice slathered with coconut oil.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
saturated fat 2.7g
- 3 cup(s) almond flour
- 3 tablespoon(s) coconut flour
- 6 tablespoon(s) flax seeds, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 11/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 7 large egg(s)
- 11/2 tablespoon(s) coconut oil melted
- 11/2 tablespoon(s) honey, raw
- 11/2 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In either a food processor or stand mixer, combine the flours, flax, salt and baking soda. Mix until well combined. Add the eggs and beat or pulse until combined. Add the coconut oil, honey and vinegar and mix until well combined.
- Lightly coat a standard 9x5 bread pan with coconut oil. Pour the batter in, scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the top is browned and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the bread to cool completely before releasing from the pan and slicing.