Approximate Cook Time: 1 hour
|1/2||cup(s)||flax seeds, ground|
|2||tablespoon(s)||flax seeds, ground|
|11/2||teaspoon(s)||active dry yeast|
|4||large||egg(s), room temperature|
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Put the honey and yeast in a mixing bowl with 1/2 cup warm water. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes until the yeast mixture is bubbly.
- Add the coconut flour, flax, baking powder, and salt. Mix with a paddle attachment or a spatula until well combined and then add the eggs and mashed banana.
- Blend until you have a smooth dough. Turn it onto a clean surface and knead for 5 minutes. Shape the loaf however you like and lay it on a parchment lined baking sheet. Slash the top if you want it to look more like a traditional rustic loaf.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- If you want a nicely browned top, preheat your oven's broiler and insert the pan for 3-4 minutes, watching it the entire time. Remove when you have the desired color.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.