Approximate Prep Time: 15 minutes
Approximate Cook Time: 35 minutes
|1/2||cup(s)||honey, raw, or maple syrup|
|3/4||cup(s)||coconut oil, melted|
|3||large||carrot(s), grated (3 cups)|
|1||cup(s)||cashews, raw, soaked for at least 4 hours|
|2||tablespoon(s)||apple cider vinegar|
- Make The Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat a 9x13 baking pan with coconut oil or leaf lard. (You can also use 2 9-inch cake pans and make a layer cake if you'd like.)
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients except for the carrots. Whisk until well combined.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and stir. Fold in the carrots. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool completely.
- Make The Frosting
- Drain the cashews and blend in a food processor or high powered blender until creamy. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until well combined and creamy.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting and serving.