Approximate Cook Time: 30 minutes
|2||tablespoon(s)||olive oil, divided|
|1||small||onion(s), yellow, finely diced|
|2||medium||garlic clove(s), minced|
|1/4||cup(s)||tomatoes, sun-dried, finely diced|
|1/4||cup(s)||olive(s), kalamata, finely diced|
|1/4||cup(s)||artichoke hearts, finely diced|
|2||large||egg(s), beaten or lightly whisked|
|1/4||teaspoon(s)||black pepper, freshly ground|
- Heat half of olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, add onion and cook until soft, stirring frequently (about 3-5 minutes). Add garlic, and cook for another minute.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted. Turn off heat and transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Add parsnips, oregano, sun dried tomatoes, olives, artichokes, egg, almond flour, sea salt and black pepper, and stir to combine completely.
- Quarter mixture and form into 4 small cakes.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. When pan is hot (make sure it sizzles), place cakes in the pan and fry 5-7 minutes on each side, or until browned and crispy.
- Serve hot. Pair with Olive Tapenade or Mojo Verde for an excellent appetizer.