Approximate Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion(s), yellow, finely diced
- 2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 3 cup(s) spinach, baby
- 1 large parsnip(s), grated
- 1 teaspoon(s) oregano, dried
- 1/4 cup(s) tomatoes, sun-dried, finely diced
- 1/4 cup(s) olive(s), kalamata, finely diced
- 1/4 cup(s) artichoke hearts, finely diced
- 2 large egg(s), beaten or lightly whisked
- 1/4 cup(s) almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper, freshly ground
- Heat half of olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, add onion and cook until soft, stirring frequently (about 3-5 minutes). Add garlic, and cook for another minute.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted. Turn off heat and transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Add parsnips, oregano, sun dried tomatoes, olives, artichokes, egg, almond flour, sea salt and black pepper, and stir to combine completely.
- Quarter mixture and form into 4 small cakes.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. When pan is hot (make sure it sizzles), place cakes in the pan and fry 5-7 minutes on each side, or until browned and crispy.
- Serve hot. Pair with Olive Tapenade or Mojo Verde for an excellent appetizer.