Celeriac (also known as celery root) is a variety of celery that is cultivated for its large root, which tastes similar in flavor to celery stalks. Traditional french fry recipes are high in carbohydrates and calories, and generally fried in crappy oils that make you sick and inflamed. Our Celeriac Fries recipe is a great alternative to traditional potato french fries, when you want a new, exciting, and healthy side for your favorite burger!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 min
- 1 large celeriac root(s)
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Cut the celeriac into 1/4 inch strips (like french fries) and place them in an oven-proof dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper if desired.
- Bake the fries for approximately 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, decrease the temperature to 400 F for another 8-10 minutes.
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here