Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Chicken, Yam, and Chard Soup – AIP
Total Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 2 tablespoon(s) coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 medium onion(s), yellow diced
- 2 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 1 medium carrot(s) chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) thyme, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt divided
- 2 pound(s) chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 4 cup(s) broth (chicken, vegetable, beef, or bone broth are all fine)
- 6 cup(s) water
- 1 whole bay leaf(s)
- 1 large yam(s) diced
- 1 bunch(es) chard chopped (or kale or any green you love)
- 7 medium onion(s), green sliced (whites and greens)
- 1 medium lemon(s), juiced
- Heat large pot over medium-high heat. When hot, add oil, onion, garlic, carrot, thyme, and oregano, and saute until onion is softened and slightly translucent (about 10 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, put sea salt in a medium bowl. Cut chicken thighs into 1" cubes and toss.
- Add chicken to pot and continue to cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium, add broth, water, bay leaf, yam, chard, and green onions and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, season with remaining sea salt, and fresh lemon juice.