Summertime brings a lot of fun in the sun, but it also means cookout season has arrived once again.
While there are plenty of Paleo friendly cookout dishes, sometimes all you want is a cheeseburger on a bun, which of course, is a big no-no when it comes to Paleo eating. While the burger is the best part of the sandwich, it can get boring after awhile, which is where this recipe comes in.
Fresh, grass-fed beef mixed with a little chipotle chili powder and smoked paprika is eaten knife and fork style on a grilled sweet potato slice in this Chipotle Burgers with Grilled Sweet Potatoes Recipe. Throw some other veggies in and you’ve got a well-balanced, delicious meal better than anything with a bun. Serve it with your favorite toppings; bright cherry tomatoes add tons of juicy flavor, but any summer vegetable you can find will work.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Chipotle Burgers with Grilled Sweet Potatoes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
saturated fat 7.5g
- 1 pound(s) beef, ground
- 1 teaspoon(s) chipotle, ground
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1/2 medium sweet potato(es) cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 medium onion(s) cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 toppings of choice for burger like tomatoes, micro greens, lettuce and avocado
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- Mix the beef with the seasonings and season with salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. Brush the sweet potato and onion slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the burgers alongside the sweet potatoes, until both are cooked through and sweet potatoes are tender.
- To serve, place a grilled sweet potato on a plate. Top with the onions and then a burger. Top with desired toppings and enjoy with a knife and fork.