Rice is definitely one of those foods that many people have a hard time giving up when they transition on to the Paleo diet. Thankfully cauliflower “rice” is simple to make, low in carbohydrates, high in nutrients, and a wonderful accompaniment to a diverse array of Paleo meals. Use this Basic Riced Cauliflower recipe anywhere that you would use regular rice, such as stir-frys, pilafs, and beyond. Now that you know how to make cauliflower rice, try our Paleo Fried Rice recipe, Chorizo Rice with Fried Egg or oru delicious Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs with Cauliflower Rice recipes!
Serving Size = 1/2 cup
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Basic Riced Cauliflower
Total Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 head(s) cauliflower
- Break or cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Place the cauliflower into a food processor (using the shredding blade attachment) and pulse until the cauliflower is finely chopped to the size of rice grains. A cheese grater also works well for this task.
- Remove any large pieces of cauliflower that didn't get shredded and save them for later use.
- You now have "riced cauliflower", which can be used in a variety of dishes as a rice substitution, such as our delicious Cauliflower Fried "Rice".