This is one of my favorite breakfasts, but I enjoy it just as frequently for lunch and dinner. Chorizo and cauliflower ‘rice’ are sautéed together with flavorful veggies and topped with a fried egg for a protein-packed meal that provides energy for hours. If you like things spicy, consider adding some chili powder, cayenne powder, or paprika to the mix. When purchasing chorizo, make sure to read the ingredient list, as many types of store-bought chorizo contain non-Paleo ingredients. If you enjoyed this Chorizo Rice with Fried Egg recipe, try our Fried Eggs with Sweet Potato Hash recipe next time. For more FREE Paleo breakfast recipes, visit our PaleoPlan recipe center!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Chorizo Rice with Fried Egg
Total Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound(s) chorizo, ground
- 1/2 head(s) cauliflower cut into florets
- 1/4 medium onion(s) diced
- 1 medium garlic clove(s) peeled and minced
- 1/2 small bell pepper(s) diced
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh chopped
- 2 medium onion(s), green diced (optional for garnish)
- 2 large egg(s)
- 2 tablespoon(s) lard
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- To "rice" the cauliflower, put the cauliflower into a food processor fitted with a chopping blade and pulse until a rice-like consistency has formed. A cheese grater also works well for this task.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon lard. Add chorizo and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned on all sides (about 7 minutes).
- Add the yellow onion, garlic, bell pepper, salt, and black pepper to the chorizo. Sauté for 1-2 minutes until aromatic.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the riced cauliflower to the pan. Cook for another 5 minutes, or until done, stirring frequently.
- While chorizo ‘rice’ mixture is simmering, heat up 1 tablespoon of lard in a separate pan. When hot, fry eggs to desired doneness.
- Pile chorizo mixture onto a plate, and top with a fried egg.
- Garnish with cilantro and optional green onions. Enjoy!