Smoothies are a great way to pack a lot of nutrients into a meal, and are super fast at doing just that. Sometimes, you want more than just a drinkable meal, but still want the quick burst of nutrition to start your day off right. Enter these green smoothie bowls — thicker than a smoothie, with healthy toppings that make it a meal, and just as fast as your regular morning smoothie. You can customize this however you like; simply add a little less liquid to your favorite green smoothie recipes and then add whatever crunchy, fruity, or nutty topping you like.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Green Smoothie Bowls
Total Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
saturated fat 10.6g
- 1 medium avocado(s)
- 3 medium banana(s) frozen
- 1 cup(s) pineapple diced
- 2 cup(s) spinach or kale, chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) almond butter
- 1/2 cup(s) almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup(s) strawberries, fresh sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) pecans chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) coconut, unsweetened shredded
- 1 tablespoon(s) sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- Put the smoothie ingredients in a blender and blend until thick and creamy, adding a little water if necessary. Be careful not to add too much liquid — you want it to be thicker than a smoothie. Divide the mixture between bowls.
- Top with the toppings and serve with a spoon.