Loaded with nutrient-dense dark green Swiss chard, this Paleo and vegetarian-friendly frittata recipe is the perfect addition to a weekend brunch.
It’s easy to make and you can customize the veggies based on what you have on hand or your personal preference. Leftovers can be quickly re-heated in your toaster oven, for a fast grab-and-go protein packed breakfast in the morning. This frittata recipe gets even better when served with a side of our delicious Paleo Avocado Salsa.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Swiss Chard, Mushroom, and Pepper Frittata
Total Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
saturated fat 14g
trans fat 0.0g
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) coconut milk full fat
- 2 tablespoon(s) ghee or coconut oil
- 1 medium bell pepper(s) sliced
- 1/4 pound(s) mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 bunch(es) chard finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Beat the eggs with the coconut milk and a pinch of salt until well combined.
- Heat the coconut oil in a cast iron skillet and add the mushrooms and peppers. Cook until lightly soft and turn off the heat. Pour the eggs in the pan and sprinkle with the chard. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the eggs are set, being careful not to overcook.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.