This delightfully quick and simple autumnal inspired Paleo meal perks up chicken with the fall flavors of apples and cinnamon or allspice. The aroma alone evokes images of vibrantly colored foliage, leafy walkways and cool temperatures.
Although any variety of apples will work, tart apples such as Granny Smith are best in this recipe as they have the crisp flavor and firmness needed to hold their own during the cooking process.
Feel free to double this recipe and bring the leftovers along to work for a quick lunch. Have it with a side of leafy greens and our Spicy Herb Dressing.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Total Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 piece(s) chicken breast(s), boneless skinless (4-6 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 2 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 1 large apple(s)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon or allspice
- Dice chicken breasts. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a medium saute pan over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil when hot.
- Add diced chicken and cook until slightly pink (about 150 F).
- Grate apple into pan.
- Add cinnamon or allspice.
- Continue to cook until chicken is done and apple is tender.