This mouth-watering Paleo dish is a fun twist on a classic Indian curry dish. Served atop cauliflower rice makes for a satisfying meal. Looking for more delicious Paleo recipes? Look no further! Visit our PaleoPlan Recipe Center for hundreds of FREE Paleo recipes!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Curry Chicken and Cauliflower Rice
Total Time: 60 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 1 pound(s) chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 tablespoon(s) ginger, fresh finely minced or grated
- 1 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cardamom, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cloves, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 6 medium mushroom(s), white button
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 medium bell pepper(s), red
- 2 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 1 can(s) coconut milk, full fat (403 mL)
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 4 tablespoon(s) cilantro, fresh chopped
- 1 small cucumber(s) diced
- 1/4 medium onion(s), red diced
Curry Cauliflower Rice
- 1 head(s) cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 1 medium onion(s), green finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil or olive oil
- Mix the ginger root, garlic, cumin, coriander, cayenne, cardamom, cloves, sea salt and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Chop the chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces and put in the bowl with the ginger, garlic and spices. Coat the chicken with the spice mixture and set aside.
- Wash and chop the mushrooms, zucchini and bell pepper. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, add coconut oil to a large skillet.
- When hot, add the chicken, mushrooms, coconut milk and lemon juice to the pan. Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and bell pepper, and continue to cook until chicken is done (about 5-10 minutes).
- While the chicken is cooking, wash and rough chop the cauliflower.
- Place it in a large skillet with coconut or olive oil and cook over medium high heat until slightly softened.
- Place the cauliflower, curry powder, green onion and cayenne into a food processor and pulse until it has a grainy rice-like consistency. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve chicken curry over cauliflower rice and garnish with chopped cilantro, cucumber and red onion.
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here