This mouth-watering Paleo dish is a fun twist on a classic Indian curry dish. Served atop cauliflower rice makes for a satisfying meal.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Curry Chicken and Cauliflower Rice
Total Time: 60 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 1 pound(s) chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 tablespoon(s) ginger, fresh finely minced or grated
- 1 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cardamom, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cloves, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 6 medium mushroom(s), white button
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 medium bell pepper(s), red
- 2 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 1 can(s) coconut milk, full fat (403 mL)
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 4 tablespoon(s) cilantro, fresh chopped
- 1 small cucumber(s) diced
- 1/4 medium onion(s), red diced
Curry Cauliflower Rice
- 1 head(s) cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 1 medium onion(s), green finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil or olive oil
- Mix the ginger root, garlic, cumin, coriander, cayenne, cardamom, cloves, sea salt and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Chop the chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces and put in the bowl with the ginger, garlic and spices. Coat the chicken with the spice mixture and set aside.
- Wash and chop the mushrooms, zucchini and bell pepper. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, add coconut oil to a large skillet.
- When hot, add the chicken, mushrooms, coconut milk and lemon juice to the pan. Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and bell pepper, and continue to cook until chicken is done (about 5-10 minutes).
- While the chicken is cooking, wash and rough chop the cauliflower.
- Place it in a large skillet with coconut or olive oil and cook over medium high heat until slightly softened.
- Place the cauliflower, curry powder, green onion and cayenne into a food processor and pulse until it has a grainy rice-like consistency. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve chicken curry over cauliflower rice and garnish with chopped cilantro, cucumber and red onion.
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here