The flavors of the Mediterranean come together brilliantly, in this simple one-pan meal. Sweet and juicy tomatoes, salty kalamata olives and capers, and fruity olive oil bring the rustic and very Paleo-friendly cuisine of Greece and Italy to your kitchen. No pasta or orzo here! To complete the meal, serve with a side of Spaghetti Squash with Garlic and Herbs or add some lemon juice and herbs to our Cauliflower Rice to make Greek lemon rice. Delish!
If you like this recipe, try our Mediterranean Tuna Salad and our Grilled Chicken with Rosemary and Bacon. Looking for more delicious Paleo recipes? Look no further and visit our PaleoPlan recipe center.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Seared Chicken Mediterranean
Total Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup(s) tomatoes, cherry or grape
- 2 cup(s) olive(s), kalamata
- 3 tablespoon(s) capers rinsed
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 piece(s) chicken breast(s), boneless skinless (4-6 oz)
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 475 F.
- Toss tomatoes, olives, capers, and 2 teaspoons olive oil in a bowl.
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a large, oven-proof skillet over high heat. Once hot, add 2 teaspoons olive oil and sear chicken on both sides.
- Turn heat to medium-high and add remaining oil (should be hot but not smoking) and continue to cook until deep golden brown (about 4 minutes).
- Use tongs to flip chicken, then add tomato mixture to skillet.
- Transfer skillet to oven and roast chicken until cooked through and tomatoes have softened, about 15-18 minutes.
- Transfer to plates and spoon tomato mixture over top to serve.