This classic paleo diet crock-pot recipe combines pot roast with traditional stew vegetables like carrots and cabbage. It’s an easy, delicious dish you can throw together in the morning and enjoy in the evening. For added flavor, you can rub various spices like black pepper or garlic powder on the meat before placing it in the crockpot. You can also flavor the roast with fresh garlic cloves and replace the water with beef stock.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
New England Chuck Roast Paleo Crock-Pot
Total Time: 5 hours
Cook Time: 5-7 hours
- 3 pound(s) beef - pot roast(s)
- 1 tablespoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 2 medium onion(s) quartered
- 4 medium carrot(s) quartered
- 1 medium celery stalk(s) sliced
- 1 whole bay leaf(s)
- 5 cup(s) water
- 1 head(s) cabbage(s), green cut into wedges
- Sprinkle meat with sea salt (optional) and black pepper.
- Place onions, carrots, and celery into crockpot.
- Top with meat.
- Add bay leaf and water.
- Cover pot and cook on low 5-7 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Add cabbage wedges at any point during cooking (earlier if softer texture is desired, or add near the end if you prefer them to be less cooked).
Photo courtesy: http://thepioneerwoman.com
This recipe inspired in part or in whole from here