When summer comes to an end, you’ll see more and more winter squash, which are perfect for slow cooker recipes. This slow cooker chicken recipe is full of creamy flavor and the perfect start to crock-pot season. If you liked our Slow Cooker Curried Chicken and Butternut Squash recipe, try our Slow Cooker Maple Bacon Chicken Legs next time! Looking for even more delicious Paleo recipes? Look no further and visit our PaleoPlan Recipe Center for hundreds of FREE Paleo recipes!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Slow Cooker Curried Chicken and Butternut Squash
Total Time: 8 hours
Cook Time: 8 hours
saturated fat 16.2g
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled, seeded and diced
- 11/2 pound(s) chicken breasts, boneless, skinless cubed
- 2 tablespoon(s) curry powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) ginger, fresh grated
- 1 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 3 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1 can(s) coconut milk, full fat (403 mL)
- 1 medium lime(s) juiced
- 2 tablespoon(s) cilantro, fresh for garnish
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper to taste
- Put all of the ingredients in a slow cooker pot. Stir to make sure all ingredients are coated, and add water if necessary to make sure everything is covered.
- Cover, cook on low for 6-8 hours. Before serving, stir in the lime juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with the cilantro before serving.