Meatballs don’t seem like something you’d think to cook in a slow cooker, but they actually work out nicely in this Paleo meatball recipe. With a rich broth and lots of fresh herbs, these turkey meatballs go nicely with a side of cauliflower rice for an easy, comforting meal. If you liked our Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs with Cauliflower Rice recipe, try our Herb Crusted Beef and Offal Meatballs with Braised Greens next time. Looking for more delicious Paleo recipes? Check out our PaleoPlan slow cooker recipe archives. For hundreds of more FREE Paleo recipes, visit our PaleoPlan recipe center.
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs with Cauliflower Rice
Total Time: 8 hours
Cook Time: 8 hours
saturated fat 5.9g
- 1 large eggs beaten
- 2 pound(s) turkey, ground
- 2/3 cup(s) almond flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 medium garlic clove(s) minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) parsley, fresh chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) cilantro, fresh chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) basil, fresh chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) water, cold
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 head(s) cauliflower
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper to taste
- Make the meatballs by combining the egg, turkey, almond flour, olive oil, garlic, and herbs. Form into 2 inch meatballs. Put the meatballs in your slow cooker pot.
- Whisk the arrowroot and cold water until dissolved, and add that the broth. Pour mixture over the meatballs. Cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Before serving, make the rice by putting the cauliflower in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Heat the oil in a large skillet and cook the cauliflower until tender.
- Serve the meatballs over the rice.