This Paleo pumpkin pie bar recipe is a fabulous Paleo-friendly replacement for traditional
pumpkin pie recipes. Top these pumpkin pie bars with a dollop of our coconut whipped cream to create the perfect end to Thanksgiving dinner that everyone will enjoy even without the crust! If you’re eating low carb or are otherwise trying to cut down on the amount of sweetener in your life, you can easily exclude or reduce the sweetener in this recipe, although I do love the flavor that maple syrup imparts to this dish. I’ve served this dessert to some seriously skeptical and staunch pumpkin-pie fans at Thanksgiving who were thoroughly impressed, saying that these bars might be even better than the ‘real deal’!
Get started right now with our FREE Paleo Starter Kit:
Inside, you’ll discover...
- 25 Delicious Paleo “Starter” Recipes
- Our complete “Paleo Food Swaps” guide
- A complete starter shopping list
- Tons more free resources
Paleo Pumpkin Pie Bars
Total Time: 55 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
- 1 can(s) pumpkin puree, organic (15 oz)
- 1/4 cup(s) coconut milk, full fat (or another non-dairy milk)
- 1/2 cup(s) maple syrup honey, or coconut nectar (stevia could also be used)
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 2 large egg(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cream of tartar
- 1 Coconut Whipped Cream (recipe optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a square or rectangular glass baking dish (approximately 8 inch diameter) with coconut oil.
- Mix together in a small bowl the coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- In a medium bowl or food processor, mix together the pumpkin, milk, sweetener, vanilla and eggs. Add the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly until combined.
- Pour the mixture onto the greased baking dish and level off the top with a spoon. Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until the edges turn a lighter color and the top is lightly browned. A toothpick inserted into the middle should come out mostly clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting into squares and serving with a dollop of Coconut Whipped Cream. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.